This is a guide to help you address the most common forms of resistance that groups face when pressuring their representatives on single payer legislation. After surveying hundreds of our members, we chose about 15 of the major concerns heard from individuals and legislators on transitioning to a single payer system. Knowing how to answer these questions will prepare you for a district visit, birddogging action, or townhall event.
Right now we're just getting started - there's much more to come. Get on our email list for updates!
- Single Payer Costs Too Much
- It's not politically feasible
- People Like Their Private Insurance
- We Can Get Universal Healthcare Through Incremental Alternatives
- Single Payer is a Job Killer
- Millions of Displaced Workers Won't Find Jobs
- My District Doesn't Support Single Payer
- Single Payer Will Cause Quality of Care to Suffer
- Evasion/Won't Give Clear Answer