This bill filed by Senator Bernie Sanders establishes a federally administered Medicare-for-all national health insurance program that will be implemented over a four year period. S. 4204 will provide comprehensive health care coverage to all residents, including:
- Hospital services
- Ambulatory patient services
- Primary and preventive services
- Prescription drugs
- Mental health and substance use treatment services
- Laboratory and diagnostic services
- Comprehensive reproductive, maternity, and newborn care, including abortion
- Dental health, audiology ,and vision services
- Home- and community-based long-term services and supports
This page is a hub of resources to organize for the bill.
VIDEO: BUDGET COMMITTEE HEARING
May 12, 2022: The Senate Budget Committee held the First M4A Hearing in more than 30 Years!
On the same day that Senator Sanders introduced S. 4204, the Committee on the Budget held the first hearing on Medicare for All in the Senate in decades, welcoming powerful testimony from healthcare experts, as well as analysts from the Congressional Budget Office who found that Medicare for All can cover all Americans while reducing costs.