Welcome to Healthcare-NOW!
This 30-min presentation goes over:
- Healthcare-NOW's history and founding
- the state of the Medicare for All movement today
- our theory of change and strategy to win
- trainings you can take to further your organizing and knowledge of M4A
- 8 Medicare for All volunteer teams and how you can get involved
Below you can sign up for one of these teams!
Volunteers carry out our most effective programs - from educating activists and developing educational materials to carrying out campaigns and lobbying Congress. These volunteer teams will help the Medicare for All movement grow to the size and impact we'll need to take on the health insurance industry and win.
There are many roles to fill; some are smaller commitments and some are fairly significant. Some are time-constrained to just a few weeks or months, while others are ongoing. Email email@example.com if you have questions about any of the roles below.
Sign Up for a Volunteer Role
- Podcast Researcher - (ongoing; 1X per month, 3-4 hours)
- The Podcast team meets once per month on zoom to decide on a topic, which is usually a Medicare for All or healthcare-related item of politics or policy; then the Podcast Researcher writes and researches on this topic, helping to flesh out the outline. These notes will be be used by the hosts on the day of recording. This role requires familiarity with internet technology for research, as well as attention to detail.
- Single Payer History Researcher - (short-term project; hours flexible, but at least 2 per week)
- We're staring a timeline/history of the M4A movement, similar to our legislative timeline. This is a good role for anyone interested in digging for history books, articles, newspaper articles, etc. This role requires familiarity with internet technology for research, as well as attention to detail.