Create Your Own Fundraising Page in 4 Steps
Step 1: Create a username and password on the registration page - when you first register you'll get a confirmation email to click on before you can set up your fundraising page
Step 2: You'll arrive at a page that says "My Campaigns" -- if you are redirected to a page that asks you to update your profile, feel free to add any information you'd like, then click here to get back to your campaign page. From there click "Create a New Campaign" (or click here)
Step 3: This is where you'll create your page! Here are some tips and an example in the photo below:
- Campaign Name: This is what appears at the top of the page. Adding your name can make it more personal - "Ben's Fundraising Page"
- Short Description: This is the short text that goes above your image or video - a quick explanation of the campaign.
- Full Description: This is where you'll talk about who you are and why single-payer/the work of HCN is important to you
- Feature image or video: a picture or video of yourself. Don't be afraid to do a selfie video!
Fundraising Goal: It's best to set a goal a bit beyond what you think you can raise. We recommend $500. (You may be able to raise more depending on your network).
End Date: We'll run this campaign until the end of the year, so December 31st would be a good end-date.
*Note on privacy: You'll be asked to fill out your email address and home address, but don't worry - none of this will be public or appear on the page.
At the bottom, it will ask you for your profile picture - you don't need to upload anything here.
Having trouble? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Step 4: After you are done tinkering, click "Submit Campaign".
You will receive an email with the shareable link to your page.
If you'd like to see a list of all your donations, go here: https://www.healthcare-now.org/my-donations-received/
Your page is up - now you're ready to harass your networks! Here are some tips:
1. For the first round – before sharing on social media - create a list of close family and friends who support the issue, and email them a personal appeal. Perhaps mention HCN’s situation and what a donation from them would mean. These initial donations will give your page a little momentum to start off with.
2. The next step would be to write a bigger list of people – neighbors, colleagues, classmates, healthcare providers, friends from other progressive organizations, extended family – and do the same personal appeal. In-person requests are also very effective.
3. After your page garners a couple donations, then it's time to share on social media. Share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. Finally, if you don't meet your goal, go back to your first list of core supporters and ask them to share the page on social media as well. My brother and I have about 60 mutual friends on FB; if we both share the petition, then there’s a greater chance of more of those people seeing it.