Healthcare-NOW!, a national grassroots advocacy organization supporting single-payer healthcare that formed in 2004, is accepting applications for a part-time (15 to 20 hours a week) Office Manager and Bookkeeper. The Office Manager and Bookkeeper will mostly maintain daily office operations and finances, but there are opportunities to support national organizing work as well.
We are seeking applicants with:
– a passion for healthcare justice, specifically single-payer healthcare.
– the ability to self-direct and multitask effectively.
– excellent organizational skills.
– familiarity with the non-profit environment.
Areas of work:
– Process donations and orders.
– Track inventory and order supplies as needed.
– Process donor appeal and thank you letters.
– Communicate with new, current, and past donors.
– Manage payroll.
– Maintain financial records.
– Generate quarterly financial reports.
– Help write e-blasts, newsletters, and organizing materials.
– Help maintain activist, member, and supporter database.
– Help implement fundraising and organizing goals.
– Help organize our National Strategy Conference.
Healthcare-NOW! offers a flexible schedule and benefits. Our office is located in Center City Philadelphia.
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2012.